• FrantPage & Synchronet Web Server

From Mojo@VERT/MOJO to All on Fri Oct 11 00:24:19 2013
    What is the best thing to use to edit the web page files that come default in Synchronet so that they will still work correctly after editing them.

Thanks
    Mojo

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mojo's World - 69.2.16.133
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Mojo on Fri Oct 11 20:29:52 2013
    Re: FrantPage & Synchronet Web Server
    By: Mojo to All on Thu Oct 10 2013 08:24 pm

What is the best thing to use to edit the web page files that come default in Synchronet so that they will still work correctly after editing them.

just a text editor.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Mojo on Fri Oct 11 20:30:37 2013
    By: Mro to Mojo on Fri Oct 11 2013 04:29 pm

What is the best thing to use to edit the web page files that come
    in Synchronet so that they will still work correctly after editing them.

just a text editor.
    make sure you make frequent backups.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From art@VERT/FATCATS to Mojo on Thu Oct 17 13:17:56 2013
    By: Mojo to All on Thu Oct 10 2013 20:24:19

Ahoy Mojo,

For Windows, I've used Notepad++, notepad.exe itself, and Visual Studio 2012. Most common text editors would work fine. Are you having some kind of issue otherwise?

Kind regards,

art@fatcatsbbsdotcom

"Damn. Where are the callouses we doctors are supposed to grow over
    our feelings?"
    "Perhaps the good ones never get them."
    -- Beverly and Picard in ST:TNG "Code Of Honor"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ fatcats bbs - fatcatsbbs.com
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to Mojo on Thu Oct 17 13:14:32 2013

Backup your SBBS folder (I use 7z to compress the folder daily, I keep a weeks worth of backups and once a month I copy the backup to my google drive).

I use Notepad++, google it, you have to configure it to read sjss files as code, then it'll highlight and use colors to make it easier to read the code.

Then I would just take some time and experiment. If you poke around you can probably figure out what each file does.

eChicken is the guy responsible for ecwebv3, if you go to my board (shodan.synchro.net) you'll see what that looks like, it's a little different, but the v2 web (that sbbs runs by default) is probably what you're looking at.

I would not bother using a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver, or whatever. It'll muck with your file and nothing will work.

Best thing to do is start opening files and see if you can find stuff you recognize, change them a little and refresh your web browser to see the result.

-A.
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net
  • From Will-E@VERT/STARR to Mojo on Mon Nov 4 03:26:01 2013

Thanks
    Mojo

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mojo's World - 69.2.16.133

I recommend editing the .inc files in the \sbbs\web\templates\default (or whatever template you are wanting to change) folder if you are use to just using html. The files are named by their function such as "header" or
    "footer". Just use notepad as most web guys do. I find it a pain to actually edit the .ssjs files but then again I'm no expert is java-script.
    Will-E
    Server Manager, Network Administrator, Virtualization Administrator Will-E@wm.myftp.org
    Solomon's Temple
    wm.myftp.org
    cloud.c-it-s.com

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Solomon's Temple *telnet://wm.myftp.org