• Dovenet

From Thunder Bolt@VERT/BTHUNDER to Rob on Thu Mar 30 02:19:00 2006
    Rob I didn't know. This is Bigjoe. I setup Synchronet last summer and
    couldn't get any replies. Well I set it up and again and well I was having
    the same problem. I wasn't getting all my messages.

The setup you have for the command line. Is it the same setup you had last year. My friend help me with and well now it seems to be working.

I just don't under stand why I'm the only one having these problems

I would change your command line for the FTP back to

VERT vert.synchron.net password

and I'll so I keep getting a socket error 61. Some times. Not all the time.

I just wanted to say Sorry. I didn't know. I just had no idea that there
    could be some thing wrong, Any way Thanks, and when I ask for help on some thing, please don't tell me where to find it in the manual. Because I all
    ready looked there

Bigjoe
    Blue Thunder BBS Synchronet
    Music MP3 BBS VADV

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Blue Thunder - 65.23.16.210
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Thunder Bolt on Thu Mar 30 18:36:00 2006
    Re: Dovenet
    By: Thunder Bolt to Rob on Wed Mar 29 2006 08:19 pm

Rob I didn't know. This is Bigjoe.

Can you pick an alias and stick to it?

I setup Synchronet last summer and couldn't get any replies.

Yes you did. You even *replied* to the replies to your message. Here's just one example that proves it:

┌────────────────────────····
    │ Subj: Moduser
    │ Attr: Read
    │ To : Digital Man
    │ From: Bigjoe (BLUETHR)
    │ Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 10:00 pm EST └───────────────────────────────────────────────······

Re: Moduser
    By: Bigjoe to Digital Man on Wed Feb 02 2005 08:52 pm

Re: Moduser By: Bigjoe to Digital Man on Fri Jan 28 2005 11:18 pm

Ok, the baja.html doc doesn't say in what directory should the modu should be credted in, Does it matter or the node directory.

The moduser.dat is normally created in the node directory.

Ok, anyway I tryed that already and it didn't work. I used fopen to creat file called MODUSER.DAT in the node director . I hope that i would work, way is there and thing I have to do or add too the baja script to tell it that the MODUSER.DAT file is there so it will make the changes I need to users account, or as soon as I creat the file does Synchronet detect it a make the changes any way. This one I'm stuck on.

In order for the moduser.dat file to work, you module must be configured as door (in SCFG->External Programs->Online Programs) with a drop file type of "Synchronet XTRN.DAT" and set "Modify User Data" to "Yes".

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #154: Americans spend more than $630 million
    Oh, Ok, thats my. Thanks Digital Man

Joe

-+-
    ■ Synchronet ■ Blue Thunder - bluethunder.dtdns.net or bluethr.synchro.net

Well I set it up and again and well I was having
    the same problem.

Well I just demonstrated that you never had that problem before, so how could you be having it "again"?

I wasn't getting all my messages.

Messaged posted from your BBS aren't supposed to come back to your BBS from the network. This is intentional.

The setup you have for the command line. Is it the same setup you had last year. My friend help me with and well now it seems to be working.

One of the FTP servers on *this* side wasn't working. Your command-line had nothing to do with it.

I just don't under stand why I'm the only one having these problems

I would change your command line for the FTP back to

VERT vert.synchron.net password

and I'll so I keep getting a socket error 61. Some times. Not all the time.

That's because vert.synchro.net and dove.synchro.net are revolving hostnames, they point to different servers here at different times. When one of the FTP servers is down, then vert.synchro.net or dove.synchro.net will fail to connect *sometimes*. This has nothhing to do with getting replies to your messages or not. If you can't connect then you won't get *any* messages.

I just wanted to say Sorry. I didn't know. I just had no idea that there could be some thing wrong, Any way Thanks, and when I ask for help on some thing, please don't tell me where to find it in the manual. Because I all ready looked there

Whatever.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #151:
    The fastest served ball in tennis was clocked at 154 miles per hour in 1963. Norco, CA WX: 95.7°F, 34% humidity, 0 mph NW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net