• echocfg

From Accession@VERT/PHARCYDE to Digital Man on Fri Apr 29 19:59:33 2016
    Hello Digital,

Some more information on one of our IRC discussions regarding echocfg, sbbsecho.ini, and the 'DefaultRecipient' tag. I'm currently using the latest sbbsecho as of last night, and it seems two odd things occur:

1) When clearing out the SYSOP entry from echocfg, and saving sbbsecho.ini - the DefaultRecipient tag in sbbsecho.ini is now blank. But I can load up echocfg again and the SYSOP entry is there again.

2) Even with the DefaultRecipient tag defined blank in sbbsecho.ini, netmails to nonexistant users (namely Filefix being my biggest concern) still get processed by sbbsecho and sent to me (or SYSOP).

Regards,
    Nick

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20160322
    ■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Accession on Fri Apr 29 21:41:59 2016
    Re: echocfg
    By: Accession to Digital Man on Fri Apr 29 2016 03:59 pm

Hello Digital,

Some more information on one of our IRC discussions regarding echocfg, sbbsecho.ini, and the 'DefaultRecipient' tag. I'm currently using the latest sbbsecho as of last night, and it seems two odd things occur:

1) When clearing out the SYSOP entry from echocfg, and saving sbbsecho.ini - the DefaultRecipient tag in sbbsecho.ini is now blank. But I can load up echocfg again and the SYSOP entry is there again.

2) Even with the DefaultRecipient tag defined blank in sbbsecho.ini, netmails to nonexistant users (namely Filefix being my biggest concern) still get processed by sbbsecho and sent to me (or SYSOP).

Okay, that should be fixed now.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #76:
    Rob Swindell still has dozens of BBS-related magazines in his possession. Norco, CA WX: 66.0°F, 59.0% humidity, 18 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net